Sacred Heart University, in Connecticut, has settled a lawsuit filed by the mother of a student who died after choking at a pancake-eating contest on campus in 2017, the Associated Press reported. Around the same time, 20-year-old Caitlin Nelson died after taking part in a charity pancake eating contest at Sacred Heart University in Connecticut. Intending to confront the card-shark who he believes bushwhacked and robbed him, Little Joe instead decides to get his money back by betting the shady gambler that big brother Hoss will win the Founders' Day flapjack eating contest against champion Big Ed Simpson. Great-Taste.net reports that Kristin Avery ate 42 Pancakes in 25 minutes to win the IHOP Pancake Bowl for the Los Angeles region. The pancake eating contest was the idea of a sorority and was designed to benefit Prevent Child Abuse America. Directed by William F. Claxton. With Lorne Greene, Pernell Roberts, Dan Blocker, Michael Landon. Greek Week Celebration Facebook / Caitlin Nelson The Pancake Eating Contest is a far cry from the current hysteria around college hazing parties and seemed like innocent fun, however, it would prove to be just as dangerous. Caitlin Nelson was taking part in the charity event at Sacred Heart University in 2017 when she began to choke while eating. -- The mother of a Connecticut college student who choked to death on pancakes during an eating contest on campus last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the university. Caitlin Nelson, a 20-year-old junior and social work major, died three days after choking at the contest, a charity fundraiser conceived by a sorority. Family Sues University Where 20-Year-Old Daughter Died in a Pancake Eating Contest The family is hoping to "expose the dangers associated with amateur eating contests," according to their lawyer. A wrongful death lawsuit regarding a 20-year-old university student who died after an eating contest was settled, the Associated Press reported.. Caitlin Nelson, a former student at Sacred Heart University in Connecticut, died in 2017, days after choking during a Greek charity pancake eating contest event for Prevent Child Abuse America that was greenlit by the institution. The pancake eating contest was the idea of a sorority and was designed to benefit Prevent Child Abuse America. The mother of a college student who died after choking during a charity pancake eating contest has reportedly reached a settlement with the school where the tragic incident took place. The contest went into overtime after she tied with Naader Reda and another competitor by eating 31 pancakes in 20 minutes.picture Sacred Heart University has settled a lawsuit leveled by the family of a student who fatally choked during a 2017 pancake-eating contest at the Connecticut college.